Aboutgmusicbrowser : A customizable open-source jukebox for large collections.
by Quentin Sculo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- gtk+2 and its perl bindings
- gstreamer and its perl bindings or mpg321/ogg123/flac123/amixer or mplayer
- (optional) the Net::DBus module is needed to control gmusicbrowser through DBus or to use the included gnome multimedia keys plugin (for gnome >= 2.18)
- (optional) the Gtk2::Notify module is needed to use the notify plugin
- made with big (> 10,000 songs) libraries in mind (currently developed with over 27,000 songs)
- customizable window layouts (see layouts documentation)
- artist/album lock : easily restrict playlist to current artist/album
- easy access to songs related to the currently playing song
- songs from the same album
- album(s) from the same artist(s)
- songs with same title (other versions, covers, ...)
- support ogg vorbis, mp3 and flac files (and opus/mpc/ape/m4a with gstreamer, mplayer or mpv)
- simple mass-tagging and mass-renaming
- tray icon, with a very customizable tip window, which can be used to control the player
- very customizable SongTree widget for a pretty list of songs (example)
- support multiple genres for a song
- support multiple artists for each song by separating them with ', ' or ' & '
- customizable labels can be set for each song (ex : bootleg, live, -'s favorites, ...)
- powerful search (nested conditions, can search any field using regular expression or fuzzy search)
- customizable weighted random mode (based on rating, last time played, label, ...)
- browse through pictures and pdf in the album's folder
- The possibility to act as a icecast server, to listen to your music remotely (experimental)
- plugin system, included plugins :
- nowplaying (to update an external program when the playing song changes)
- find pictures
- simple lyrics
- artist or album info
- customizable desktop widgets
- Update this website !
- handling of static playlists could be improved
- improve the SongTree widget
- support wma file format
- better alternative layouts and more layouts widgets
- translations (see this page for the translation status, contact me if you are interested in translating to other languages)
- skinned layouts (partly done, but still experimental)
- ipod support
- lot of small things ...
Feel free to mail me (in english or french) any comments/suggestions/bugs (please include "gmusicbrowser" or "gmb" in the subject), post them in the forums.
You can also donate :
Donate in Euros : Donate in USD :
Or use these affiliate links when shopping at amazon (to buy music or anything else) :
Amazon US store
Amazon French store
Keep your music free, don't buy DRM'ed music.